What a great event we had this week! Mike Vittum from HubSpot came in and tore the house down...well, he tore down some landing pages for us so that we could all see examples of what to do and what not to do for landing page best practices.
As a group, we enjoyed some great networking, followed by Chipotle before we got started.
As promised, here's a PDF version of Mike's presentation.
As a general rule of thumb, here are some of the key takeaways for your landing pages:
- Remove your top navigation (don't distract your visitors)
- Use bullets, bolding and brevity
- Have 1 primary goal for your landing page
- Identify the stage in the funnel you're targeting
- Don't ask too many form questions
- Use great imagery that helps build the value of your offer
- Keep your messaging clear and simple
We're looking at October 22nd for our next event - we'll most likely do an Inbound15 re-cap so that we can talk about some of the new product announcements that are sure to be coming =). Click here to RSVP now.
We hit our 25!!! This means that all Denver HUG INBOUND15 attendees will get VIP seating (not VIP tickets). This is awesome because we get seats up close and get to skip the long keynote lines. Awesome job representing Denver everyone! If you haven't sent me your name, email and company, do so now or you'll miss out on the VIP seating.